Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why I decided to go digital

Maybe a better title would be HOW I decided to go digital.

It all started when we went to Florida. It was our first family vacation, the first airplane ride for my boys. I got a "better" digital camera for the trip. Looking back now with my DSLR that "better" camera seems like a piece of junk LOL. Anyway, when we got back from florida I went to shutterfly to make a photo book. I was almost happy with the book, but their templates left alot to be desired. Not to long after that I was at the store and found a magazine called Digital Scrapbooking Magazine. I was intriged. The mag had a list of all these online companies that sold Digi supplies. It was in that list that I found Scrapgirls, which would soon become my home away from home. I went to their website and spent months learning all I could about this new thing called "Digital Scrapbooking". It included lots of my favorite things, computers, digital photos, adobe software!!! It brought me back to my youth LOL. Ok, maybe I should explain that. I have a degree in Electronic Publishing that I haven't used in FOREVER. It was digital scrapbooking that made me realize how much I miss it.


There's lots about digi that I love. I have been a scrapbooker off and on for decades. But when I had the boys, lugging out all the papers and CUTTERS and glue and stickers, well......
It just became such a chore and a safety hazzard. Besides no messes, I like that you can use your supplies over and over again, you can change the color of a paper or embelishment to better match your layout, and it is much more portable. I can sit in the living room with my boys and scrap while they do homework or watch a movie or whatever. I can scrap in bed late at night when everyone else is asleep LOL. Mommy the night owl. Or at Caribou or while on vacation....

If you would like to learn more about Digital Scrapbooking look on the right of my blog, find the blinkie thing that says Scrapgirls, click on that you can go to that website and learn tons.
Oh and while you 're there, stop by the messageboard and look me up, my screen name is Shelbi.

If all that is still too confusing for you, give me a call I'd be happy to help.

2 comments:

Unknown February 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Fun to read your story, Shelbi. And don't mind the plug either. ;-)

You're awesome!

Christina February 26, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

Wow! Your story sounds so familiar! All but the degree in Electronic Publishing! It's been great hanging out with you at Scrap Girls!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP