Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another book review ~ Tis the Season by Lorna Landvik

My children got me my favorite Christmas gift this year. A gift certificate for Amazon.com.

While trying to decide what to actually use it on, I decided that maybe I should try utilizing the local library again. I seem to have a problem RETURNING the books and end up paying a bunch of money for books I can't even keep. I am just too impatient for the library. We have a rather small library here and they never have any of the books I want on the shelves, I have tried requesting them online in the past but usually forget to pick them up. LOL. Due to the fact that my wishlist is much larger then my gift certificate I broke down and tried the library again.

I requested three books last Saturday and finally was able to pick one up today.



And yes, I finished it already.



As always I read the reviews for this book before I read the book. I don't know why I bother doing that. Sometimes I think it clouds my opinion of the book as I'm reading it, but I did it anyone. Lorna Landvik is one of my favorite authors. And not just because she is a local writer LOL. So I knew ahead of time that it was not one of her best novels, yet I still enjoyed it. It was written like emails back and forth between the main character and a few others. It seems that most of the people on Amazon didn't enjoy that but, I (being an internet junkie) really did. It certainly was not as good as "Oh my stars" or "Pattyjanes house of curl" or "Angry housewives eating bon bons" but it was a fun read. Glad I didn't use my GC on it. It reminding me of reading the perezhilton website. It is about a rich drunken heiress, her escapades being splashed all over the tabloids and her return to herself with some help from old friends.

Check it out the next time you are at the library, or better yet read "oh my stars" it's a good book.

1 comments:

Christina February 26, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

I am going to borrow this book from my library. I love their online reservation system, the email me when my books arrive. I have the same problem as you though, I always forget to return my books! The sad part is the library is a block and a half away from my house AND I get off the bus across the street from it everyday after work :P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP