Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reading Challenge 2009

I read somewhere recently that 25% of Americans didn't read ANY books last year.
I thought that was really scary.
I have always been a big reader, so much so that I have a bookworm tattoo. I call it my nerd tattoo.
Admittedly I don't as many books now that I've had kids. I don't have as much time. And of course most of my "spare" time seems to be spent at my computer, I do read blogs and news websites and stuff while I am here so I do still read alot.
Thank God for Twilight series. I read all four of them the week I learned about them, I had been looking for a new series now that Harry Potter has ended.

So my challenge to you is this, let's read more this year.
Let's have a discussion about what we are reading. What are YOU reading? I want to know.
I have a list on the left side of this blog of the book I already read this year.

I was "cleaning" the other day and a book that I bought and then forgot about, so that is the next book I am going to start.
It's called Digging to America.
It was written by Anne Tyler.

When I'm done I'll tell you what I think of it.
Michelle

1 comments:

Mindy January 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

I'm with you on loving to read. Have to say though that the amount of books that I read has gone down substantially since discovering digi scrapping and now blog reading (guess that's still reading!). Congrats on starting a blog - looks wonderful!

Mindy

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP