Monday, March 16, 2009

I think I'm in love.....




Don't freak out and call my husband. LOL.

He knows all about it, as a matter of fact it's because of him that I have my new love. He bought it for me.

It's a KINDLE!!!!!

A kindle 2 as a matter of fact. I have wanted one since they first came out. The boys wanted to buy me one for Christmas. LOL, aren't they sweet?

It you haven't heard of this (you live under a rock LOL) scroll down to the Amazon box on the right of my blog and type "kindle" into the search box. Then stand back and prepare to be amazed.

Seriously, I have only had my new "love" for a day and a half and I am really enjoying it.

The first day I had it I read a whole book, The Host by Stephanie Meyers (review coming up), and I paid less for it then I would've at Target. As a matter of fact I have downloaded at least 4 free books. I am still trying to figure out some things, like how to get library books, I've heard it can be done I just need to figure out how.

The kindle combines some of my favorite things, books, tech gadgets and the internet. I love that you can access a dictionary and wikipedia on the device while you are reading the book. I also love that you can have a whole boatload of books, mags, newspapers and blogs on one tiny little device. I always bring a book or two and a magazine to park with the kids, or to Kumon when I'm waiting for the boys to do their math and reading. I would've loved this when I was sitting at speech therapy and t-ball or the last time I had a layover on a flight and spent $30 on a book at the airport bookstore.

ok, I'm going to go read now.

3 comments:

Karen no_idea March 19, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Oooooh, Michelle! I am envious, but happy for you. That is the coolest new gadget around. One the best things about it is that you can buy your Kindle accessories! I like the red leather case.

Have fun with it!

Anonymous,  March 20, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Grats Michelle! You've already read one book - so it must have been easy on the eyes. No eye strain from reading off a screen? You're ok with not feeling the paper that makes up the pages? I love the idea of not having to lug books through the airport, but it's a pretty pricey gadget for my infrequent trips!

Ab March 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

So I had obviously been living under a rock until earlier today when my eyes were opened by an article in People. I'm not usually a gadgety type of girl, but that looked pretty cool, except I think I would miss the pages and the smell of an actual book. (Yes, I know I'm strange!) Enjoy it!!! :0)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP